Helping You Honor and Glorify God in All You Think, Do, Say, and Feel

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pastor Kevin "Teaching English in Asia"

Posted: April 11, 2009

Today Tony Picked me up from the hotel and drove me to the church. 
It is just really weird having a driver and 2 or 3 people always looking after you. The people here are just amazing. 
They show so much hospitality! They are so nice and respectful.
Met with Pastor Jimmy, Lillie, Joan "from Weaver China" and Tony to discus my itinerary. We discussed my schedule and made many changes to it for the next 2 weeks. Tonight I will lead a class at the English Learning Center.
Tony had to leave to go do business so he left me with Pastor Jimmy who took me to eat at a restaurant in the top floor of a hotel that moves around in circles like the one in Dallas does. It was really good! I had pork chops on rice with a lot of different kinds of veggies stacked on top. Pretty good stuff!
What just amazes me is all the people! There are people everywhere. The
driving is just crazy. People just go in all different directions and
there are so many mopeds and motorcycles all over the place. There is no
way I could drive here, I guess that is why most people hire drivers.
Pastor Jimmy is such a "honorable" man. It is good to see how He changes people from all over the world!
The English class was awesome! Better than I would have ever imagined!
There were so many people there it was crazy. Bruce led the worship in
music and it was awesome to hear the Chinese worship in song! Bruce made me come up in front of everyone and speak so they could make fun of my accent. It was really funny!
We then broke off into small groups where I had about 50 in my group. I
taught out of Matthew 28 and Mark 16 on the resurrection. It was great!
They are so smart when it comes to the bible. They asked many questions. I talked to a man named Tommy for about 30 minutes on the topics of Jesus in the OT and the gospel. I also talked to Patrick, and Su Ree about the bible. I finally had to break away and run to my ride. I could of stayed there and talked all night. 
They love talking to americans.
Continue to lift me up. I speak 3 times tomorrow. Praise Him who always
comes through and gives me strength and the words to say about Him!
Praise Him for His name sake,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment